Ex-Russian Spy Sergei Skripal Discharged From UK Hospital0
Sergei Skripal, the former Russian spy and British double agent who was poisoned in England, has been discharged from a Salisbury hospital more than two months after he was exposed to a lethal nerve agent developed by Russia.
“It is fantastic news that Sergei Skripal is well enough to leave Salisbury District Hospital,” said Cara Charles-Barks, chief executive of Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust.
Hospital officials say Skripal, 66, will continue his recovery elsewhere. He was found slumped over on a bench on March 4 along with his 33-year-old daughter, Yulia Skripal.
Sergei Skripal, the former Russian spy who was poisoned with a nerve agent in the U.K. more than two months ago, was released from the hospital Friday, health officials said.
Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia were found unconscious on a public bench in the city of Salisbury on March 4, and spent weeks in critical condition. Officials suspect the father and daughter were poisoned with novichok, a Soviet-engineered nerve agent.
Yulia, 33, recovered more quickly than her father and was discharged last month.
Recent Articles By This Author
- 10-Year-Old Girl Dies after Riding Roller Coaster
- 100-Year-Old New Jersey Man Kills Wife in Murder-Suicide
- Family Moves Bobbi Brown to Hospice
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious
- Odom Reportedly Out of Coma
- NFL Salary Cap Set at $155.27 Million for 2016
- Measles Outbreak Raises Vaccination Anxieties For Parents
- Trump Promises to Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem
- Ratko Mladic Sentenced to Life in Prison for Genocide
- Israeli Police Recommend Indictment of Netanyahu