Parkland school tragedy: Another community mourns0
At the first funeral for a victim of the Parkland school tragedy, mourners packed the Star of David chapel in North Lauderdale to remember 14-year-old Alyssa Alhadeff.
Those outside Friday stood and strained to hear the voices chanting Jewish prayers and remembering the star soccer player as having “the strongest personality.” She was also remembered as a creative writer with a memorable smile.
“God had another plan, take Alyssa away from us” said her father, Dr. Ilan Alhadeff. “God, I don’t like this plan. In fact, I’m angry about it.”
Alhadeff’s mother told NBC had loved soccer and played “the most magnificent game of her life” the day before she died.
IN-DEPTH COVERAGE OF THIS STORY FROM OTHER SOURCES
Recent Articles By This Author
- Florida Students to March on Washington for Gun Reform
- Texas Cops Baffled by Body Snatching
- Orlando City Soccer Club Poised for Take Off
- 10-Year-Old Girl Dies after Riding Roller Coaster
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Found Unresponsive in Bathtub Accident
- Odom Reportedly Out of Coma
- NCAA Final Four: Why Michigan State Will Win
- NBA All-Star Snubs
- Randy Quaid Arrested at VT Border
- Aurora Theater Shooting Trial Set to Begin