How to Create and Publish Podcasts on BindleSnitch
Podcasts are a great way to communicate because, let’s face it, readers often don’t want to read as much as writers want to write.
Often, while I am working on other things, I am also listening to Youtube videos and other audio clips. It enables me to do more in less time.
So, yeah, podcasts are great…and they are much easier to produce than you might think.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- a computer (I don’t really think you can do this very easily on a mobile device. If you can, please tell me how.)
- a GOOD microphone
- a QUIET SPACE (there’s nothing more irritating than having your cell phone ring while you are in the middle of a recording session…unless it is the thunderstorm that is right outside my window right now.)
- access to Microsoft Chrome (this is a Chrome plugin)
- access to a recording plugin (click here to activate Audio Recorder if you are using Chrome)
- and a BindleSnitch account.
Okay, here we go.
- Have something you want to talk about
- Jot down a few notes…or an entire script, if you’re good at script reading.
- You can use the link above that will bring you to https://webaudiodemos.appspot.com/AudioRecorder/index.html
- (You can of course use any other recording utility you might have access to but if you are using something else these instructions might not make sense.)
- Start the AudioRecorder
- Click on the microphone
- Make sure the recording is being recorded (You will see activity in the top window.)
- When you are done, click on the microphone again
- Click on the arrow under the microphone
- Then right click on the window at the lower left hand corner of the screen to bring up the recording in the file manager.
- Rename the recording to match the title of the podcast
- Now, come back to BindleSnitch
- Open a new post window
- Title your post
- Write a summary of the podcast you have just recorded.
- Create a link with the name of the podcast
- Highlight the Link
- Click on ADD MEDIA
- Select ADD NEW
- Find the audio clip in your file manager
- click on the audio clip
- Save the link
- Complete and submit the post
When you do this, the control panel for the audio clip will appear UNDER the link. The highlighted text is only there to call attention to the control panel.
This sounds like an awful lot of work, but it really isn’t. Do it once or twice and you will be a professional.
This was my very first ever podcast. Ten minutes ago, I didn’t know how to do this.
Now, let’s see how the finished product sounds
HOW TO CREATE PODCASTS ON BINDLESNITCH
95 total views, 1 views today